Audiobook "tell Africa": Antelope Moon
Love poetry to the sounds of West Africa
On this CD famous speakers read love poems from countries south of the Sahara to the sounds of West African music. German Audio Book Award 2008.
For the first time musicians from West Africa and famous speakers from the audiobook edition "Afrika erzählt" came together with West African musicians in a studio to record poems from countries South of the Sahara. With pure joy they created magic moments of sensuality and melancholy. The studio work became a session, it was as if the ancient spirits of the griots and the today's artists would celebrate a feast for the senses.
The speakers and musicians
The love poems are read by Eva mattes, Roman Knika, Nina Petri, Jacques Breuer, Anna Thalbach, Udo Samel, Patrick O. Beck, Hans Peter Hallwachs and Manfred Zapatka.
Their readings are accompanied by the sounds of West Africa with Mamadou Diabate from Burkina Faso (Balafon) and Mamadou Diabate from Mali (Kora).
total running time: 45 minutes
Lyrics read in German language
By clicking on the symbol shown after every track you have the possibility to listen to the tracks. Please note that you must have installed a media player (such as Windows Media Player) in order to listen to the mp3. It can also happen that a new tab is opened in which the track will be played.
- 1. Meine Liebste - 1'48
- 2. Sex wie Licht - 2'23
- 3. Wie von Liebe sprechen - 1'14
- 4. Principe mon amour - 1'13
- 5. Eine Hand aus Licht - 1'57
- 6. Brief eines Wanderarbeiters - 1'39
- 7. Überlassen von Liebe - 3'11
- 8. Weshalb zögerst du - 1'55
- 9. Mantel der Morgenröte - 3'15
- 10. Liebeslied - 1'13
- 11. Liebestrank - 3'33
- 12. Verliebt in einen Stuhl - 2'49
- 13. Nichts weiß ich - 2'17
- 14. Zusammenleben - 1'59
- 15. Mein Land ist eine Musik - 1'58
- 16. Schwarzes, weißes Mädchen - 1'44
- 17. Du schläfst - 2'08
- 18. Sei immer wie an diesem Tag - 1'35
- 19. Du kommst wieder - 5'44